Athens is a city that offers a diverse range of natural attractions to explore. Here are some suggestions for nature-related activities in and around Athens:
1) Parnitha National Park – This mountainous park is located north of Athens and offers a wide variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, climbing, mountain biking. Check our hiking tours in Parnitha.
2) Filopappou Hill – This scenic hill is located near the Acropolis and offers hiking trails, ancient ruins, and panoramic views of the city and the sea.
3) Kaisariani Monastery – This historic monastery is located in a forested area on the slopes of Mount Hymettus, and offers a peaceful escape from the city with hiking trails and stunning views.
4) Mount Lycabettus – This hill offers panoramic views of the city and the Aegean Sea, with hiking trails, and a small chapel at the top.
5) National Garden – Located in the heart of Athens, this large park offers a peaceful oasis with walking paths, ponds, and historical monuments.
6) Schinias Beach – This sandy beach is located on the northeastern coast of Attica, and is a popular spot for swimming, windsurfing, and other water sports. You can also find easy hiking trails.
These are but a few examples of the natural attractions and pursuits that Athens has to offer. There are many chances in and around the city to engage in outdoor activities, whether you’re interested in hiking, swimming, animals, or simply relaxing in nature.